CONSTITUTION OF THE COUNCIL OF ARCHITECTURE IN INDIA:
The Council consists of members nominated by:
- the Central and State Governments;
- the All India Council for Technical Education;
- the Institution of Engineers (India);
- the Institution of Surveyors of India;
- and members elected to represent the Indian Institute of Architects
- the heads of Institutions imparting Architectural Education.
The Members of the Council hold office for a term of three years, however, they are eligible for re-election or re-nomination, but not exceeding three consecutive terms.
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE OF THE COUNCIL OF ARCHITECTURE:
The Council constitutes from among its members an Executive Committee, which consists of the President, the Vice-President and five other members. The President and the Vice President of the Council are the Chairman and Vice Chairman of the Executive Committee and are elected by the members from among themselves and they hold office for a term of three years.
MEMBERS OF THE PRESENT EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE:
- Prof. Vijay Shrikrishna Sohoni - Chairman
- Shri Vijay Uppal - Vice-Chairman
- Shri R.L. Goyal - Member
- Shri Mohapatra Kunja Behari - Member
- Shri Uday Chandrakant Gadkari - Member
- Shri Pranab Kumar Borah - Member
- Shri J.R. Bhalla - 31-12-1973 to 14-11-1983
- Shri H.R. Laroya - 15-11-1983 to 31-12-1984
- Shri Jeet Malhotra - 01-01-1985 to 29-05-1986
- Shri J.R. Bhalla - 30-05-1986 to 21-10-1997
- Shri Premendra Raj Mehta - 22-10-1997 to 19-07-2004
- Prof. Vijay Shrikrishna Sohoni - 20-09-2004 onwards