Here, I have discussed the Vastu Guidelines for the internal doors and windows of a house.
VAASTU SHASTRA GUIDELINES FOR THE INTERNAL DOORS OF A HOUSE:
- Number of doors: A house should have even number of doors instead of odd number.
- Placement of internal doors: The internal doors can be placed according to the room arrangement, furniture arrangement to ensure easy and comfortable circulation and movement from room to room.
- Placement of the Main door: For the Main door it is advisable to follow the rules explained below because every time you enter your house you activate a presiding energy in relationship to the mandala of the house at that point. So the main door must be precisely located for the activation of beneficial energy.
VAASTU SHASTRA GUIDELINES FOR THE PLACEMENT OF THE MAIN DOOR:
To figure out where to place a main door, imagine that you are standing outside the front of the house. Divide the front facade of the house into two parts with an imaginary, middle, vertical line. The main door should be placed towards the centre, either in the left or the right half, depending on the direction the house faces.
For a East facing House: Avoid placing a door in the South-East, instead place it towards the right half, that is towards the North-East as shown here.
For a South-facing house: If a house has a main entrance in the South there should be one more corresponding to it in the North direction also.
For a West-facing house: If a house has a main entrance in the West it should have a corresponding door in the East also.
For a North-facing house: Avoid placing a door in the right half (North-West), instead place it in the left half, that is in the North-East, as shown in the diagram here.
VAASTU SHASTRA GUIDELINES FOR THE POSITION OF WINDOWS OF A HOUSE:
- Window position: The windows should be opposite to the doors so that both the positive and negative cycles are completed.
- Window position in North wall: The windows in the North wall should be more towards the North-East and should be long and wide.
- Window position in East wall: The windows in the East wall should be more towards the North-East and should be long and wide.
- Window position in the South and West walls: Avoid too many windows in the South and West directions.
VAASTU SHASTRA GUIDELINES FOR THE NUMBER OF WINDOWS IN A HOUSE:
- There should be an even number of windows in the house, like 2, 4, 6, 8 etc.
- Avoid odd number of windows like 1, 3, 5, 7, 9 .
This post was about the Vastu guidelines for the positioning of the internal doors and windows during the construction of a House. Once the house construction is over, a house-warming pooja should be performed before you begin living in the house. Read about this ritual here: