The Bedroom is the private place, where you can unwind, relax and sleep. Something that everyone has in common is sleeping. It takes up approximately one third of your life and therefore is an extremely important factor in your overall health. It is also the space where you get dressed, read and study.
Here are some of the Vastu Guidelines to be considered while designing a Master Bedroom or Children's Bedroom or Guest Bedroom.
LOCATION OF BEDROOM:
- Main Bedrooms in the South.
- Avoid Bedrooms in North-East corner.
- Avoid Bedrooms in the middle of the House.
- Avoid Bedrooms above Car Porch/Garage, Kitchen.
- Master Bedroom should be in South-West.
- If there is more than one floor, the Master Bedroom should be on the upper floor, in the South-West corner.
- Avoid Master Bedroom in the South-East corner.
- Guest Bedroom should be in the North-West. This corner represents Vayu or movement which implies that Guests who sleep in this bedroom will not stay for long and get going on their way.
- Children's Bedroom should be in the West or East side.
- Square or Rectangle shapes are the most suitable shapes for the bedroom furniture arrangement.
- Avoid Head in North - In fact only a dead body is kept with the head in the North and the feet pointing towards the South.
- Head in East: East is the direction of knowledge and enlightenment. Sleeping with the head in the East increases knowledge and increases a liking for spiritualism. For this reason, children should always sleep with their head in the east.
- Head in West: Sleeping with one's head in the West is good for people who do not permanently reside in the house, like guests and married daughters, in their parents' house.
- Head in South. South is the best direction for sleeping. Sleeping with one's head in the South brings happiness and sound sleep.
- Door should open 90 degrees into the bedroom.- A door that cannot open fully will limit the flow of opportunities.
- Door position in East, West or North. Avoid fixing doors in the South-West of a bedroom.
- Main Windows in East or North. And smaller windows in the West is ideal.
POSITION OF A BED :
- Avoid sleeping in alignment with sharp corners. They should be camouflaged with plants or rounded off.
- Avoid sleeping under beams or slanted ceiling.The remedy is to create a false ceiling.
- Keep beds 2" away from walls.
- Avoid bed directly facing the door. But the bed should be placed in a position where the occupants can see anyone coming into the rooms.
- Safe in South-West, opening towards North.
- Open space in the North-East.
- Beds should not be shaky. The mattress should provide good support to the body while resting.
- Dressing table should be in the East or North.
- Study table should face East, North or North-East.
- Avoid Television. If a TV is kept, it should never be directly in front of the bed as it works as a mirror and generates negative energy. It can be kept to the right or left of the bed at an angle for comfortable viewing from bed.
- Computers should be in the South-East.
- Wardrobes should be in the North-West or South-West.
- Keep things that make you happy in front of the Bedroom door.Upon entering, your bedroom, the first thing you see should be something that gives you the feeling of peace and serenity such as a photograph, a favorite quote or even flowers that enhance these positive feelings.
- Keep objects that remind you of unfinished tasks out of the room, or at least out of sight as the bedroom should be a place where you can totally relax.
- Attached Bathroom should be in the East or South-East.
- Avoid a mirror directly opposite the bed.
- Avoid Religious idols in the Bedroom
- Avoid clutter in the Bedroom as it represents stagnation.
- Avoid storing things under the bed.
- Walls should be light rose, gray, blue, chocolate, dark green etc and not bright colurs.
This exercise is just a guideline to help you decide, where to position the Bedrooms in your house plan. In case you already have a house, then this exercise will help you to evaluate the location of your existing Bedrooms as per Vastu Shastra principles. Accordingly, you can decide if you want to make some corrections and changes to your house.
- Note the score for the following question and enter it in the score sheet.
- Total the points.
- The points indicate how favorable your House or Plot is, according to Vaastu.
- The interpretation of the record of points is given at the end of the SCORE SHEET
- VAASTU SHASTRA | STUDY ROOM
- VAASTU SHASTRA | HOME OFFICE
- VAASTU SHASTRA | TOILETS, BATHROOMS
- VAASTU SHASTRA | BALCONIES
Vaastu Shastra is a rational science based on facts, observations and governed by a set of principles. To understand the logic and Scientific reasoning of these Vaastu principles, go to Vastu Guidelines | Bedroom
VAASTU SHASTRA FACTORS
VAASTU SHASTRA PRINCIPLES
VAASTU GUIDELINES FOR SITE SELECTION
VAASTU GUIDELINES FOR DESIGN OF A HOUSE
VAASTU GUIDELINES FOR CONSTRUCTION
VAASTU EVALUATION EXERCISE
Nice Information, Thanks for sharing this blog.ReplyDelete
Vastu Shastra Designers & Consultancy in Lucknow
I saw your very informative site on Vastu for the first time when I was googling about vastu . I have purchased a ready-made flat ( never got the chance to be choosy about the layout ... there were limited nos. available ) .ReplyDelete
My bedrrom is in the North East corner of the house and the entrance in the South East corner . Am I doomed ? Or can I do something to mitigate the negative outcomes ?