Before the start of construction, it is useful to have a source of water at the site, since a lot of water will be required. Moreover, the water source will be useful for the inmates after they move into the house.-->
Here, I have explained the Vastu Guidelines for digging a Well.
SOURCES OF WATER IN A HOUSE:
The most common Water sources in a Site are the Open Well, the Borewell (Drilled Well) and the Municipal Water supply.
- Open Well: is an excavation in the ground created by digging to access the groundwater which is natuarlly stored below the ground as a result of the seeping in of rainwater. This water is more likely to be polluted as it is near the Earth's surface.
- Borewell (Drilled Well): is much deeper and water is got by driving, boring or drilling through rock to an aquifer below. This water is most likely to be uncontaminated as it is sandwiched between rocks deep below the Earth.
VASTU SHASTRA GUIDELINES FOR THE WELL OR BOREWELL:
- Before the start of house construction a Well should be dug, so that the water can be used for the Construction.
- If it is not possible to get water by digging a Well, or if there is the likelihood that an open Well will get polluted, then a Borewell can be drilled after consulting an expert and a water diviner, and only if there is good yield of water.
- The Well should have a circular cross-section.
- The Well should be dug after the bhoomi pooja has been performed on the site, at an astrologically auspicious time.
- It is ideal that the digging of a Well/Borewell be completed within a day as it can be fenced off or in case of a Borewell, covered with a stump to prevent anyone from falling in.
- It is better to start the digging early and complete the digging before night as one cannot see clearly.
- Avoid trees around an open Well.
- Alum, limestone, gooseberry bark help to keep the water clear.
VAASTUGUIDELINES FOR POSITION OF A WELL/ BOREWELL/WATER SOURCE:
- First option for a well is the North-East.
- Second option for the Well is the North or the East sides.
- Avoid a Well in the South, South-West or North-West.
- Avoid a Well in the middle of the Site.
- Avoid a well and pump house very close to the compound walls.
- Avoid a Well touching the House walls.
- Avoid sharing of well between two properties.
This post was about the Water Source, the Digging of Well/Borewell. Read about the next Step in Construction: