After the construction of the Compound wall, you can begin the actual construction of the House. It is preferable to construct the compound wall on 3 sides only and keep the front open, to facilitate bringing in of materials to the site.
The first step in the construction of a House is the Excavation and laying of Foundation.
VAASTU GUIDELINES FOR THE FOUNDATION:
Here, I have explained the Vaastu Guidelines for Laying of the Foundation.
- Before Excavation: Before commencing the excavation for the Building, certain rituals and work should be done. This has been explained step by step in the post, Vastu Guidelines | Before Construction. These steps include:
- Determination of the Site Orientation.
- Clearing of the Site.
- Vastu or Bhoomi Pooja.
- Soil Test.
- Balidaana (offertory ritual).
- Hala-Karshana - Levelling of Site.
- Ankura-roopana (Seed Sowing ritual).
- Digging of Well/Borewell.
- Construction of Storage Shed.
- Construction of Sump (underground Water tank).
- Construction of Compound Wall.
- Commencement of excavation: The Excavation work for the foundation of the Building should start on an auspicious day.
- Direction of Excavation: The excavation should start from the North-East corner of the building and end in the South-West corner. Therefore, the direction of excavation should be from N-E to S-E, then S-E to S-W corner. Simultaneously, the excavation should be from N-E to N-W, then N-W to S-W corner.
- Shilaanyaasa or the foundation laying ceremony: After the excavation for the foundation has been completed, the stone which was consecrated at the time of the Vastu Pooja, should be laid in the South-West corner of the excavated trenches.
- Foundation work: The foundation work like laying of the bed concrete, building the stone foundation or column footing, etc. should always start from the South-West corner and end in the North-East corner.
- Filling of earth: The filling of earth around the foundation should commence from the South-West and end in the North-East.
- Demolition: In case of demolition of an old building, the work should start from the North-East corner. The old building materials should not be re-used for the new construction, unless their quality is guaranteed.
This post was about the Excavation and laying of Foundation/Column Footings. Read about the Vaastu Guidelines for the Construction of the remaining structure of the House in: